Monday, March 29, 2010

Converting VHS CCTV to DVR CCTV Advice

-->: I am looking to upgrade my old B/W VHS CCTV system
-->: I have been advised to look at vandal resistant domes and dvr
--->: No problem. How many camera systemyou looking at?
-->: I have produced a Powerpoint of my property and possible coverage with 3 cameras but I aren't sure if I have done it correctly and could do with a little help
--->: Sure. Is it a detached house?
-->: semi
-->: unfortunately
-->: lol
--->: :-) no problem. 3 cameras for a semi should do it nicely
-->: cool
-->: so what do I need to set up a good system?
-->: I would like audio if possible
-->: we have audio built in to the camera's at the moment
--->: http://www.ukcctv.co.uk/night-vision-cctv-security-camera-540-tvl-colour-dcn-u10a.aspx
--->: These would be good cameras for your scenario.
-->: but from what I understand dome's aren't supplied with audio
-->: oh ok
--->: Any camera can support sound with a microphone attached to it.
--->: http://www.ukcctv.co.uk/advance-dvr-a4b.aspx
-->: the camera looks a nice camera
-->: I will have a look at the spec
--->: http://www.ukcctv.co.uk/external-microphone-for-cctv-security-camera.aspx
--->: Sure it is ultra high res 550 TVL.
-->: hee hee 550 TVL has just gone over my head
-->: what does that mean
--->: TVL are the TV lines that determine resolution on the picture just like pixels.
--->: Higher the TVL better the clarity gets.
-->: ok thank you
-->: and 550 on the scale is good yeah
-->: mobile view? can I send this to my iPhone FOC then or do you have to sign up for something?
--->: Yes via the DVR I suggested you can.
-->: cool
-->: just been reading the installation guide
-->: will I need a switcher?
--->: No you wouldn't. As DVR has a built in switcher/multiplexer.
-->: great thanks
--->: All you require for your setup is: 1 X DVR, 3 X Cameras, 3 X combo cables, 3 X PSUs and 1 X TV cable.
-->: I have already got my audio cable and my figure of eight cable
-->: I will need the external microphone's and connectors
--->: Yes you would indeed.
-->: I have written down what you think I require so I will have a look at the spec and work out how much it will be
-->: thanks Kevin you have been a great help
--->: My pleasure. If you require further assistance please get in touch with me or my colleague adam on 0208 035 8672.
-->: thank you will do
-->: have a lovely day
--->: :-) All the best!
--->: and you,
-->: ;-)


Tags: Converting,VHS,CCTV,to,DVR,CCTV,Advice

No comments:

Post a Comment